Notice & News

사진첩

[UNITWIN] Handong Global University and the University of the Assumption of the Philippines holds the Social Creatinnovation Camp 2021-05-18

- Announcement of methods to solve social problems in the post-COVID Philippines in a creative and innovative manner

텍스트, 천장, 실내, 사람이(가) 표시된 사진

자동 생성된 설명

(Picture 1) Group photo of the Social Creatinnovation Camp of Handong Global University and University of the Assumption of the Philippines

Handong Global University (President Soon-Heung Chang) held the ‘Philippines Social Creatinnovation Camp’ at the Gyeongju Kyowon Dream Center on May 14th and 15th.

This camp is part of the joint curriculum project with the Philippines run by Handong Global University, a UNESCO UNITWIN university. It was conducted in the form of blended learning, a mixture of online and offline education for students of Handong Global University and the University of the Assumption.

In this camp, undergraduate students in various majors, such as Counseling Psychology and Management, and graduate law students formed groups with local Filipino students to analyze social issues such as environmental problems, community, ethnic minorities, and labor that have been highlighted in the Philippines due to the COVID-19 in a multidisciplinary perspective.

천장, 실내, 바닥, 사람이(가) 표시된 사진

자동 생성된 설명

(Picture 2) Presentation by students participating in the Social Creatinnovation Camp of Handong Global University-University of the Assumption

This camp took place over two months, from pre-education in March, mid-term presentation in April, and final presentation in May.

Professor Kee-Seon Yoo of Handong Global University, who is the head of the Philippines joint curriculum project, said, “I hope it will be a valuable opportunity to work with Filipino students to truly understand the essence of social problems in the Philippines and solve social issues in a unified spirit.”

Professor Dexter Balajadia of the University of Assumption said, ‘I would like to express my gratitude for maintaining this cooperative relationship and continuing a good program.’

Meanwhile, Handong Global University’s UNESCO UNITWIN Project Group will continue to cooperate to contribute to strengthening the local capacity of the Philippines.